|Return to Postings|
RSW Regional Jail
6601 Winchester Road, Front Royal, VA 22630
|Pay Rate:||Starting at $35,904.00|
**TO APPLY: Please download our application and submit it for consideration. To submit the application, you can either mail it in to our facility at 6601 Winchester Rd. Front Royal, VA 22630 or you can bring it to our lobby between 9 am and 4 pm Monday-Friday.**
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Performs clerical and a variety of office and administrative tasks; supporting the Finance, Human Resources and RSW Executive staff. Work is performed under general supervision of the Finance Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Maintain and coordinate office operations; word processing and data processing duties; maintaining records and files.
· Greets the public, answers telephone and e-mails for the department and ascertains nature of business, directs to authority for disposition;
· Answers questions and responds to inquiries or complaints on department and/or Jail operations, policies and procedures; maintains calendar and schedules appointments;
· Prepares general correspondence including memorandums, reports, schedules, newsletters, certificates, official notices and other materials from rough draft, copy, marginal notes and/or verbal instruction;
· Maintains records as assigned for department;
· Purchases supplies and equipment as assigned;
· Undertakes special projects as assigned by supervisor;
· Receives, processes and enters a variety of information into computer system;
· Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established standards and procedures ;
· Maintains filing systems;
· Inventory control of office supplies and staff uniforms;
· Obtain working knowledge of other administrative functions as requested to assist others as needed;
· Acts as receptionist back up daily and on an as needed basis;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and techniques ; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; thorough knowledge of the organization of functions of the department and of general administrative policies and practices; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs for the purposes of creating and formatting documents, graphs, databases and spreadsheets; ability to operate standard office and related equipment; ability to keep office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources; ability to perform and organize work independently; ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details without referral to supervisor; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with associates and the general public; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a highly interactive team oriented work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school including or supplemented by office assistance experience.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring
the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally; work requires reaching, fingering, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
This is a class description and not an individualized job specification. The class description defines the general character and scope of duties, responsibilities, and requirements of all positions in one job classification, but is not all inclusive or totally restrictive. Reasonably related duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary at the discretion of management. Employees will be immediately notified of any changes. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.